Top 5 SEO Tips For 2012
Are you ready to improve your search rankings for 2012 and beyond?
, or Search Engine Optimization, is a critical part of getting your website better organic rankings on the top search engines. According to SEObesttips.com
, SEO has changed considerably just in the past year. Some of the changes cited include:
- Social media signals are much stronger and have greater affect on search results
- Regular content updates help improve rankings
and blog comments are being detected with Googlebots new APIs
- Many article sites are penalized for duplicate content and are not worth as much for SEO benefits
- Mobile compatibility has become a major requirement for maximizing traffic and social media reach
Given all the above changes in SEO, it’s time to make some decisions about your current strategy. What can you do to improve your rankings? Here are five tips to drive more traffic to your site:
1. Unique Content – 100 percent original, quality content that enhances your users’ experience. Algorithms will love you for all the unique content whether it is video, text, images, or more.
2. Be Social – Improve your presence on social networks. Not only should you be on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+, but you need to be active. The better your social content, the better your online reputation and the more people will share your information.
3. Go Mobile – Your site(s) must be mobile friendly if it isn’t already. More than 75 percent of mobile users browse the internet on their smart phones or iPads. Make it a priority to optimize your site for people on the go.
4. Speak the Code – Update your website code to incorporate the best and most relevant keywords. Using the words that best describe your website is a big piece of the SEO puzzle.
5. Rework Your Navigation – Your site needs to provide the best user experience and easy accessibility for search engine bots. Items such as page load speed will affect your site rankings. Make sure all of your links work too, Google bots hate broken links!
Remember if you work properly on SEO and try to learn different techniques to improve your site’s ranking, you will be better off in the long run. You will be able to build a loyal fan base, get more RSS subscribers, more followers, and you will be able to sell your product easily.
Lastly, while all of these suggestions will help with your SEO plan, the most important thing that you can do for your rankings is to utilize in depth analytics such as SiteCatalyst
to analyze site performance and gain insights into your website traffic and habits. This invaluable information can assist you in making decisions about where to put your marketing dollars based on what is working and possible missed opportunities.
What are your plans for improving SEO this year? We would like to hear them!