Turning Facebook Likes Into Customers
We’ve discussed how to build Facebook “likes”
on your brand Page, but what do you do with those “likes” once you get them? You know your business should have a social media presence but do you really know why
The value of your business Facebook presence isn’t just a good way to interact and share information with your fans, it’s a great tool for lead generation. Generating those new leads is the real ROI for doing it. How can you make this happen? Here are some of the best ways to turn your “likes” into leads.
1. Get Referrals. Tap into your current Facebook fans for referrals or “friends suggestions.” Fans can suggest people that are likely to be interested in your business, especially if they’ve had a positive experience.
2. Get Advertising.
Facebook is one of the biggest avenues for social advertising! You can quickly and easily set up Facebook ads
, as long as you are the administrator of your Page. Choose the location, gender, age, likes and interests, relationship status, workplace, and education of your target audience. Create your ad using calls to action and urgency i.e. time sensitive deals, asking viewers to “like” your page. For example: “Like us for access to exclusive deals and discounts!” with an eye catching image.
3. Get Content. Posting unique and valuable content that resonates with your fans is the best way to get “shared.” Your content should speak for your brand. When it does, it encourages fans to share it, and in turn, sparks an interest for others to “like” you.
4. Get Offers. Facebook fans expect exclusive content and offers on a brand’s Page. Use this to your advantage by providing those offers that are only available to your fans when they “like” your Page. Send fans to a targeted landing page to redeem the offer, thus generating an opt-in lead.
5. Get a Custom “Like-Gate” App for Your Page. You can’t have a like-gate on your main business Page timeline, but you can create a custom app for it to include in your tabs. What’s a like-gate? It is where and how you tempt a visitor to “like” your page to see exclusive content. Once a visitor has clicked on the “like” button, the page changes accordingly, revealing the content. You can use that specific app’s URL to promote it too, rather than your main Facebook vanity URL.
6. Get Sponsoring. Facebook sponsored stories are messages coming from friends about them engaging with your Page, app or event that a business, organization or individual has paid to highlight so there’s a better chance people see them. Word of mouth is the strongest form of advertising and these sponsored stories become that implied endorsement.
7. Get Opt-Ins. Create a button on your Page menu that entices your visitors and fans to sign-up for exclusive information, offers, deals via email. These opt-ins become strong leads.
How are you capturing likes and turning them into leads on Facebook?